The kick-off meeting of IP-cure-B project, funded by the European Horizon 2020 programme, took place on 28-29 January, 2020 in Lyon in the premises of INSERM 1052 / CRCL unit. This kick-off meeting enabled participants to meet with all consortium partners, and to remind the main objectives of the project and the workplan for the first year.
This 5-year long IP-cure-B project, which started on January 1st 2020, aims at developing novel curative
concepts against chronic hepatitis B virus.
To do so, the project organization will combine:
• A proof of concept clinical trial of a combination of one novel compound stimulating innate
• A preclinical HBV immune therapy platform in humanized mice combining immune-modulatory
strategies to stimulate innate immunity, rescue exhausted HBV-specific T cells and generate anti-
HBV adaptive responses;
• Extensive virologic and immune profiling to identify correlates of cure in patients;
• The integration of large biological and clinical datasets to identify predictive response factors;
• A cost-effectiveness modelling of new therapeutic interventions to facilitate the implementation by
national health systems.
The project is funded by the European Horizon 2020 programme with a total budget of 10 million
euros. The consortium, whose lead partner is INSERM – 1052 Unit / CRCL, gathers 13 partners, including: 10
universities in France, Switzerland, Italy, Greece, Germany and Spain; 1 industrial pharmaceutical company
(USA), one patients association (Belgium) and one company specialized in technology transfer in France
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois
University of Parma
Fondazione IRCCS Ca' Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico
Ethniko Kai Kapodistriako Panepistimio Athinon
Hospital Universitario Valle Hebron
European Liver Patients' Association
Hospices Civils de Lyon
CORDIS IP-cure-B Project Fact Sheet: https://cordis.europa.eu/project/id/847939
This project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation
programme under grant agreement No 847939.
CORDIS Project Fact Sheet: https://cordis.europa.eu/project/id/847939